SPE Workshop: Analytics And Data Science – The Results Accelerator
29–31 January 2023 | Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada
Register today and join the data and analytics community at this two-track, immersive workshop with topics for beginners to advanced data professionals, team leaders, managers, and more. This is an excellent opportunity for development—bring your whole team and learn together!
This workshop brings together an impressive pool of speakers and facilitators who are excited to share their knowledge, experience, and lots of practical tips and tricks you can apply in the workplace. Learn and network with speakers from ARC, ATB, Birchcliff, Cadeon, Cenovus, Chevron, CNOOC, Conoco, Crescent Point, EIV Capital, Enverus, Halliburton, McDaniel, Microsoft, Suncor, PETRONAS, PPDM, PwC, Rife Resources, Shell, SLB, Spartan Control, Sproule, and UofC.
Be sure to join us on 29 January for the Welcome Reception. This is a great opportunity to connect with colleagues, peers, and industry experts for invaluable conversations and discussions ahead of the workshop.
The workshop program will offer something for all skill levels and interests!
The workshop kicks off with keynote speaker, Dan Semmens, SVP & Head of Data & AI, CX & Technology with ATB Financial. Dan will speak about where ATB is pushing technology, where they’re headed, culture and how it’s developed, how failure is treated, advice for people starting out in the space, and more.
Technical Session Topics
For information about speakers, presentations, and session descriptions view the schedule online.
DAY 1 – TWO TRACKS OF SESSIONS
Track A Sessions:
- Introduction to Coding for Oil and Gas AKA "From Zero to Hero in Coding"
- “You can do that?" Building the Toolbox with Tips and Sustainable Practices to Analyze Your Data Better
- Analytics Explained
Track B Sessions:
- Tales from the Crypt: Case Studies on Novel Analytics and DS Projects
- Workflows: Machine Learning in Oil and Gas
- Near Real Time Analytics – Using Intelligence Realtime
DAY 2 – ONE TRACK OF SESSIONS, DESIGNED TO BE IMMERSIVE AND INTERACTIVE
- Data Science Philosophies for All Stages of an Analytics Journey
- Tales on How to Start and How to Scale from Analytics Warriors
- How to Lead and Support Analytics Teams in Your Organizations
Society of Petroleum Engineers Canada
11th Floor, 606 Fourth Street SW Calgary, AB T2P 1T1 Canada | Contact: Kristin Briard (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses and Conferences