2016 YWE Award Winners
Young Women in Energy (YWE) announced the 2016 YWE award winners.
Ten emerging leaders have been chosen from Alberta’s energy industry by an esteemed selection committee of senior industry leaders. The award winners were selected based on their leadership, entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated initiative to make a difference and change the face of energy.
2016 YWE award winners:
- Beth Pollock, manager, corporate finance, Gibson Energy;
- Christa Tucker, category management advisor, Husky Energy;
- Christine Daly, senior advisor, reclamation technology development, Suncor Energy;
- Elizabeth Logan, P.Eng., manager, climate change and sustainability services, Ernst & Young LLP;
- Jennifer Bray, contracts advisor, category management, engineering & construction, Cenovus;
- Katherine Sinex, P.Eng., Alberta regulatory affairs advisor, Chevron;
- Laura McIntyre, P.Eng., senior supervisor, production engineering, Jackfish 3, Devon Energy;
- Lauren Rooney, business strategy consultant, Accenture;
- Laurence Nguyen, senior national account manager, crude oil & refined products, CN Rail;
- Leanne Zee, senior communications specialist, corporate communications, TransCanada.
The 2016 YWE awards were supported by an executive selection committee of today's senior industry leaders that include Gianna Manes, president and CEO, Enmax Corporation; Dr. Dan Wicklum, chief executive, Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA); Judy Fairburn, executive vice-president, business innovation, Cenovus; Mark Salkeld, president and CEO, Petroleum Services Association Canada (PSAC); and Lynne Allan, dean of MacPhail School of Energy, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT).
The winners of the 2016 YWE award winners will be honoured at a gala in Calgary on Nov. 24, 2016. The evening will also include a panel discussion, Energy Futures: Blueprint for 2030, featuring a number of high profile leaders from the energy industry.
- Corporate Announcement